This site is created to be a blog of our charitable activities. We hope to profile different charitable causes and the impact of the funds they receive.
It is important to note, we have NOT built this site in attempt to raise money and do not seek funds. If you wish to donate to any causes, we would encourage you to reach out directly to the specific charities that most interest you.
What we look for:
1. We prefer small sized charities. We find the smaller charities tend to be much more open towards communication and high-level transparency than many large organizations who take a more “cookie cutter” approach towards donors.
2. We prefer organizations where directors and officers do not earn compensation (or if they do, its on a subsistence level).
3. A super high level of efficiency with as little waste as possible.
Our due diligence process:
1. Basic research is conducted via Guidestar and Charity Navigator
2. Tax Returns and financials are reviewed
3. Questions are sent to organization
4. Setting up a process so we can review the impact of the approved grant and/or donation. This determines whether we will recommend grants and/or make donations in the future.
5. Visiting on-site
Vehicles of giving:
We established a donor-advised fund through which we recommend grants. We also do direct giving to charities, or may even work directly with the end-recipients if its a custom-project we have put together. We have found these approaches to be the most cost-efficient.
The Helping Humanity Fund itself is our umbrella concept through which we coordinate our activities and post the results of on this site.